Saturday, March 26, 2011

News from Afghanistan - My Dad Always a Target

I woke up to 2 missed phone calls this morning from an unavailable number. This usually translates to my Dad calling from Afghanistan via Skype.

My wife asked me to check my email, maybe he had sent a message.

I checked my email to find 4 pictures attached to a message stating he had been attacked, again, only this time he actually was hurt,

"This morning I was attacked and busted up pretty good. I believe my left hand is broken, my head sustained a heavy blow and is severely bruised, I will be flying to Dubai tomorrow morning. My right hand oh but very sore See attached "

All I can do is sigh, there is nothing I can do except pray for his safety. Nothing I say or do will convince him to stop working in war zones. I used to think that this was my fault. He once told me he wanted to work overseas because I served in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom on the ground during the invasion. He said he was so proud of me he wanted to give back as well. I was there for 6 months. He has been in two different war zones for a total of 6 years now.

Now, I realize that it isn't my fault that he is STILL there, it is the money. If the money were offered to be a project manager somewhere safer and it was comparable to what he was making now, I am 100% positive he would take it immediately.

Well, here are the pictures, and I will try to move on and stay positive. Lord knows I cannot afford to be depressed, I have a Non Profit to start, and still need to maintain good sales numbers at my job in order to pay bills for my family.






Prayers would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment