Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Video Games

My name is Joshua Brunhoff. I live in Asheville, North Carolina. Sometimes you get the feeling that you can accomplish anything. Sometimes you get the exact opposite feelings.

I play a lot of video games to relax.

I used to be an avid smoker. I smoked over a pack a day.

I put them down in December of 2010.

Most people know that this was an amazing achievement. But smokers always ask me, "What did you do to quit?"

I tell them I used the patches from wal-mart. The generic ones. I followed the directions to the letter.

But, in reality they only helped control the cravings. I quit because I wanted to, truly, wanted to quit. I had lots of motivation. But that motivation wasn't in a box.

The best advice I can give about quitting smoking is finding a vice that is healthier, like my addiction to First Person Shooter video games, like Call of Duty. Then wait for that moment when you are smoking and you go, "YUK." this stuff is nasty. And throw them out. Go to wal-mart and pick up the equate nicotine patches and follow the instructions. Good luck. Its tough, But If I can do it. Then you can do it.

Joshua Brunhoff
Family Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment